Change & Version Information¶
The following is a summary of changes and improvements to
eulexistdb. New features in each version should be listed, with
any necessary information about installation or upgrade notes.
- Clean up reference to old overwrite parameter no longer used in db.load method; explicitly test load method #12
- Code cleanup based on landscape.io scan.
- Removed unused kwargs from db.ExistDB init method #1
create_accountmethods now re-raise unexpected errors #2
- Improved timeout handling; fixes timeouts on REST API requests #3
- bugfix: make Django settings actually optional
- Require eulxml 1.1.2 to handle duplicate
xml:idattributes included in a single exist result. (Duplicate id test case contributed by @lddubeau in PR #5 )
- Add opt-in patch for extended type handling in xmlrpc. Contributed by @lddubeau in PR #6, resolves #4
overwriteoption from eulexistdb.ExistDB.load (no longer applicable under the REST API, and misleading) #9
- Improved django-debug-toolbar integration. #7, #8
- Updated Existdb.DB initialization parameters to restore support for xmlrpc-style urls with username and password used in previous versions of eulexistdb. #10
- Bugfix: xquery xpath prep now handles nested function calls
- Updated unit tests so they can be run with and without django, in order to test that eulexistdb works properly without django.
- Configured unit tests on travis-ci to test with and without django.
Existdb.DBinitialization parameters has changed; server url is no longer expected to include full xmlrpc path.
- Updated and tested for compatibility with eXist-db 2.2
eulexistdb.query.QuerySetefficiency when retrieving results (now retrieves chunked results using eXist REST API, making fewer requests to the server)
- Simple xml-based query syntax now supported via
- Updated for compatibility with current versions of Django
- Now uses requests <http://docs.python-requests.org/> for REST API access and as XML-RPC transport for improved handling and connection pooling.
- New custom django-debug-toolbar panel to view existdb xqueries used to generate a django page.
- Unittest2 and Django test runner are now optional when using testutils.
- Basic support for preceding/following/preceding-sibling/following-sibling queries when returning additional fields from a query via XmlModel.
- Bugfix: support xml returns for xpaths ending with node() or *
- New method for sorting a
eulexistdb.query.QuerySetby a raw XPath, for those cases when the desired sort xpath cannot be specified as an
- The Django manage.py script for managing eXist-DB index configuration files now takes optional username and password credentials, for use with sites that run in guest mode or with limited access.
QuerySetgreater than and less than filters no longer assume numeric values should be treated as numbers, to allow comparison of string values of numbers.
Xquerynow correctly generates xqueries with more than one where statement.
- Support for restricting xqueries to a single document in
- Development requirements can now be installed as an optional requirement
of the eulexistdb package (
pip install "eulexistdb[dev]").
- Unit tests have been updated to use
- Provides a nose plugin to set up and tear down an eXist database collection for tests, as an alternative to the custom test runners.
- Update to latest released version of
eulxml(0.18.0) with backwards-incompatible DateField/DateTimeField change.
0.15.1 - Bugfix Release¶
- Support Python 2.7.
- Rearrange test code to support easier recombination.
0.15.0 - Initial Release¶
- Split out existdb-specific components from
eulcore; now depends on