Change & Version Information¶
The following is a summary of changes and improvements to
eulexistdb. New features in each version should be listed, with
any necessary information about installation or upgrade notes.
- Updated and tested for compatibility with eXist-db 2.2
eulexistdb.query.QuerySetefficiency when retrieving results (now retrieves chunked results using eXist REST API, making fewer requests to the server)
- Simple xml-based query syntax now supported via
- Updated for compatibility with current versions of Django
- Now uses requests <http://docs.python-requests.org/> for REST API access and as XML-RPC transport for improved handling and connection pooling.
- Unittest2 and Django test runner are now optional when using testutils.
- Basic support for preceding/following/preceding-sibling/following-sibling queries when returning additional fields from a query via XmlModel.
- Bugfix: support xml returns for xpaths ending with node() or *
- New method for sorting a
eulexistdb.query.QuerySetby a raw XPath, for those cases when the desired sort xpath cannot be specified as an
- The Django manage.py script for managing eXist-DB index configuration files now takes optional username and password credentials, for use with sites that run in guest mode or with limited access.
QuerySetgreater than and less than filters no longer assume numeric values should be treated as numbers, to allow comparison of string values of numbers.
Xquerynow correctly generates xqueries with more than one where statement.
- New filters and operators supported on
exists- filter on the presence of absence of a node * comparison operators
- Support for excluding documents using all existing filters
with new method
- Support for restricting xqueries to a single document in
- Development requirements can now be installed as an optional requirement
of the eulexistdb package (
pip install "eulexistdb[dev]").
- Unit tests have been updated to use
- Provides a nose plugin to set up and tear down an eXist database collection for tests, as an alternative to the custom test runners.
- Update to latest released version of
eulxml(0.18.0) with backwards-incompatible DateField/DateTimeField change.
0.15.1 - Bugfix Release¶
- Support Python 2.7.
- Rearrange test code to support easier recombination.
0.15.0 - Initial Release¶
- Split out existdb-specific components from
eulcore; now depends on